Monday, December 20, 2010

The Reflex, is a lonely child….

Greetings Ddrum fans!

Lots of activity at the offices of late, gearing up for NAMM (National Association of Music Merchandisers). All kinds of artist and product happenings I would love to talk about, but am not allowed to yet. In the meantime, we briefly played host to Tim Yeung of Morbid Angel on Friday. Tim was down shooting a product demo for Sabian cymbals. I went down to the shoot, and got him set up on one of our new Reflex kits. In true metal fashion, we set him up with 3 racks 2 floors and 2 kicks. The shoot went well and the kit sounded incredible. Reflex looks to be one of the coolest things to come out of the collective ddrum imagination.

 After the shoot was over, I had a gig to play with my own band. I am a ddrum Dios player, and have a 4 piece red sparkle kit. Due to time and space constraints though, I carved a 4 piece out of the Reflex kit that I brought for Tim, and played my gig on it, instead. I can say, with absolute confidence, the Reflex drums are good, professional sounding, and professional looking drums. The face off lugs, and proprietary mounting system work extremely well. The shells sound incredible. It's amazing that no one has ever tried Alder in a drum shell before. It's warm and punchy, and extremely musical. This kit could easily work for any level of gig. A fact we are further proving, as both James Kottak with the Scorpions, and Isaac Richardson of 10DeepXperience are both touring on Reflex, currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For customer service issues please contact us at: (800) 793-5273